The Perfect Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potatoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A and Vitamin C as well as a boatload of other essential minerals and vitamins. They are also a rich source of fiber!
- First, poke holes in your potatoes using a fork to prevent them from splitting open during cooking. Wrap your potatoes in a paper towel and place on a microwaveable dish. Microwave for 5 minutes at 1 minute intervals, turning and checking your potatoes for tenderness. You do not want them to be cooked all the way through, but the microwave will help to slightly soften them before cutting. This microwave time was perfect for 3 large-sized sweet potatoes.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees – giving your potatoes some time to cool off.
- Use a potato cutter to create equal-sized fries that will allow for even baking.
- Lightly season sweet potatoes with: Salt, pepper, onion powder, and oregano.
- Place your sweet potatoes on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes, drizzle your sweet potato fries with extra virgin olive oil. Place back into the oven to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
Total Cook Time: Microwave 5 minutes, Oven 20 minutes
If you don’t own a potato cutter, here is a great find from Amazon!!! I love this french fry cutter because it comes with two different sized blades. Using a cutter speeds up your dinner prep time (thank goodness) and still allows you to make fresh, homemade french fries that your whole family will love (hopefully even those picky eaters)!