Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Frosting
1/2 Cup Organic 2% Milk
3 Tsp. All-purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp. Powdered Peanut Butter
Original recipe makes 1 Serving
- Heat milk and flour over low heat, until very thick. Let cool and set aside.
- Cream together sugar and butter
- Add the cooled milk/flour mixture, mix thoroughly until whip cream consistency. Keep stirring if it appears to have separated or still has a grainy feeling.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter powder, mix thoroughly.
PB Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
2/3 Cups Softened Butter
1 and 3/4 Cups Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs, Room Temp.
1 and 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 and 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
2 and 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 and 1/4 Cups Organic 2% Milk
3 Tbsp. Peanut Butter Powder
1 Cup Ghirardelli mini-chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line your muffin tin with paper lines or spray with non-stick coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and eggs. Beat in the vanilla extract. Beat in the milk.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, peanut butter powder, and salt.
- Slowly beat the dry mixture (flour/baking powder/salt) into the bowl with the wet ingredients (butter/sugar/eggs).
- Add mini-chocolate chips and fold them into your cupcake batter.
- Fill muffin tins and cook 18-20 minutes until cooked through the center and lightly golden brown.
- Allow cupcakes 10-15 minutes to cool before adding your DELICIOUS homemade peanut butter frosting.
- These are sure to be a favorite so bookmark the recipe!
Note: What is everyone’s favorite part of a cupcake? The icing! I just purchased this fun and very inexpensive ($5) cupcake corer. My kids think it’s amazing!