There is nothing like some homemade pasta!
I had a wonderful Sunday cooking in the kitchen with my mom and the kids. Together – we made meatballs, sauce, pasta – and beautiful memories!
Homemade pasta isn’t something that I typically make, but it’s a tradition I’d like to continue. My grandmother was known for her cooking and my mother always cooked for us growing up. As my kids are getting older – it is definitely something I would love to continue and pass on to them. The smell of fresh sauce cooking on the stove just smells like home.
2 Cups plus 2 Tbsp. Flour
3 eggs, Room temperature
1 Tbsp. Milk
1 Tsp. Olive Oil
¼ Tsp. Salt
- Beat together the eggs, salt, olive oil, and milk.
- Create a well with the flour and pour the egg mixture in the center.
- Slowly add the flour to the egg with your fingers. Press and knead the dough completely.
- Cut your dough into sections to run through the pasta machine.
- After we flattened our sections to the desired thickness in the machine – we covered them with a damp cloth and sprinkled them with flour to keep them from drying out until we were ready to cut them into fettuccine.
- After we cut the noodles with the pasta machine, we twirled them into little “nests” on parchment paper and stuck them in the freezer until we were ready to start making dinner!
5 minutes in boiling water
Magnifico! Due pollici in su!