Chocolate Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Whoopie Cookies
What’s better than a double chocolate, peanut butter cookie? Easy. Two double chocolate, peanut butter cookies with a healthy serving of homemade whipped cream in the middle. This is my version of a fresh, homemade whoopie pie. It was so so heavenly good. We did NOT take this dessert with us to our Memorial Day BBQ. No sir. These whoopie pies have my name written all over them.
1/4 Cup Peanut Butter Powder
1/4 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Bag Semi-sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 Sticks of Salted Butter, Room Temp. (not melted)
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
2 1/4 Cup All-purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
2 Large Eggs, Room Temp.
1 Tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and butter into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, add salt, flour, peanut butter powder, cocoa, and baking powder.
- Slowly incorporate and beat the dry mixture into the wet ingredients.
- Hand mix in the bag of chocolate chips.
- Place uniform, equal spoonfuls on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Cook 9-10 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack before serving.
While the cookies are cooling, whip together (literally) some homemade whipped cream to make an awesome dessert the kids will love (and one that YOU will love, of course)! Only three ingredients are needed – 1 Cup heavy cream, 1 Tbsp. confectioners sugar, and 1 Tsp. pure vanilla extract. Whip with an electric mixer 1-2 minutes.