Chocolate Coconut Brownies with Sea Salt
These simple and sweet brownies were moist and delicious. I love the idea of using applesauce in my baking to reduce the amount of oil needed (if any at all). The hint of sea salt gave this rich dessert a really nice added finishing touch. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
1/4 Cup of EVOO
1/4 Cup of Apple Sauce
1 Tsp. Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour
1/4 – 1/2 Cup of Coconut (Your Preference)
1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix oil, applesauce, and sugar until well blended. Add in eggs and vanilla, stir completely.
- In a separate bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder, cocoa, and sea salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add the chocolate chips and coconut to preference.
- Pour into a greased (I love to use coconut oil) 9 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes – look for sides to pull away from the pan and test the center of the brownies with a toothpick.
- Cool before cutting and serving.