10-Grain Homemade Bread
Everyone LOVES a loaf of fresh, warm bread right out of the oven. Try out this simple recipe for your family this weekend! You won’t regret the wholesome goodness.
1 1/4 Cup Warm Water
1 Package Bob’s Red Mill 10-Grain Bread Mix
3 Tbsp. Canola Oil (I prefer Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- In a small bowl – add the yeast, warm water, and canola oil. Allow the mixture to sit so the yeast can activate. You will know, because you will see the yeast start to bubble. This should take about 5 minutes.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the 19 ounce package of bread mix. Bob’s Red Mill is the perfect blend of flour, oats, whole grains, bran, and flaxseed with 7 grams of protein, 0 grams of sugar, and 2 grams of fiber per slice.
- Combine the yeast mixture and the dry ingredients. Knead together.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover with a damp towel and allow to rise for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down and allow to sit for another 30 minutes.
- Form the bread loaf and place in a parchment-lined bread pan approximately 9 x 5 x 3.
- Let the bread dough rise (to about double the size) in the bread pan for about 45 minutes in a warm place.
- Grease the top of the bread dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
- When is the bread ready? Thump the bread, if it sounds hollow the bread is ready. The outside of the bread will also appears slightly golden brown.
- Turn the loaf out of the bread pan and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on the counter before cutting and serving.