Blueberry Pancake Cakes
Why is breakfast in our house always a struggle? According to my kids – there is NEVER anything to eat… ever. They say no to my list of options and end up just eating some cereal or toast. They won’t dare to try eggs or sausage or anything of sustenance. It drives me up a wall!
I want to get my kids out of the door fueled up on something healthy and hearty in the morning – not just alternating forms of corn and sugar (as my husband likes to point out). We have had some great blog posts about high protein pancakes and health balls. Today’s blog is another twist on our everyday ingredients to try to get the kids excited about breakfast again.
1 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Pancake and Waffle Mix
1/2 Tsp. Salt
3/4 Cup Organic 2% Milk
1 Large Egg
2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Cup Blueberries, 5 ounces – Fresh, frozen, or canned
Optional: Confectioner’s Sugar for dusting the top of the pancake cake
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat together the mix, eggs, salt, sugar, butter, and milk. Can beat together by hand or with an electric mixer.
- Whisk the blueberries into the mixture.
- Pour into a glass baking dish and cook in the oven for approximately 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before lightly dusting with confectioners sugar. We tried our pancake cakes without the added sugar and they were fantastic!